Private English lessons
- I offer individual English lessons in the range of primary school curricula.
- The course is suitable for beginners.
- The English lessons can be attended by primary school students (adults rather exceptionally by agreement).
- Students can combine English with mathematics as they need.
TV, shows, movies, series, stories, videos, radios, listening…
For intermediate students I find necessary to integrate English into everyday life. Watch TV shows, listen to radios, fairy tales, stories. Listen English even in the background of your everyday activities, for example, when you eat, clean, do exercise, even if you do not yet understand everything and even you catch only individual words or sentences. The brain stores everything, at least you start to hear the correct pronunciation. You can find inspiration on my website:
- English Radio Stations – listen to radios from UK, USA and Australia,
- TV Shows for Learning English – learn English by watching TV series and entertaining shows,
- Learn English with Audio Story – audiobooks and listening to stories in English,
- Business & Financial News – business English and foreign news,
- English – Czech web with my materials and links.
Elementary School and beginners
For primary school and intermediate students, I usually use sets from Tom Hutchinson: Project Fourth edition, which is approved by the Ministry of Education, and which is used in most schools. I have purchased a complete set including all CDs.
This is also quite handy self-study textbook: Angličtina nejen pro samouky či Angličtina pro začátečníky a samouky. These books are cheap and in one book you will find everything you need for beginners with an explanation in Czech.
Secondary school and eventual adult education
For secondary school students and for students of different levels, I usually use Michael Mower's sets: New Opportunities which are approved by the MŠMT for secondary schools. These sets are used by grammar schools and other high schools. I'll have a complete set in the next few days, including all available CDs.
For intermediate students I also recommend International Express Pre-Intermediate SB+DVD.
I use business English: Business Vocabulary in Use Elementary to Pre-intermediate with Answers.
Of course, we can use the literature and textbooks that the student brings with you. Then I would ask you to buy one more edition (including CDs) for me. I have bought some literature, including CDs… If the tutorial is done on skype, please send me the material in advance by email.
If you are interested, please contact me, we will discuss the details.